|Delicious and Healthy Green Juice|
In my humble opinion and juice-drinking experience, green juice has a profound effect on the body. I do like other types of juice too and will probably feature some other recipes for juice, but green juice is my go to staple.
I nearly always add a teaspoon of green powder to my green juice. My favourite powder is barleygrass, but I also use wheatgrass and some people like spirulina. You can find these types of powders online or in health food stores. I find barleygrass powder is particularly helpful if you are chronically sick and need some 'support'.
|Naturya - barleygrass powder, they also make other green powders|
Juice quanities always vary depending on the actual vegetables/fruit used, but this recipe should make 2 medium glasses or 3 small ones.
3 large stalks of celery
2 or 3 large green apples - Granny Smith works well or for a sweeter juice use Golden Delicious or similar
3 large handfuls spinach
1/2 lime, squeezed - you can also put the lime into some juicers
1 teaspoon per person of barleygrass powder
Optional - 1 inch peeled ginger
- Prepare the fresh ingredients, if necessary. For a masticating juicer, you will probably need to chop the celery and apples.
- Juice everything except the barleygrass powder and lime juice.
- When you have juiced everything, add the lime juice to the juice container and stir in.
- Pour the juice into glasses and stir 1 teaspoon of barleygrass powder into each person's juice.
- Drink straight away.
- Follow with a glass of water to help flush it through your system.